Category Management with a high impact
Duration: 2 Days
Participants: 4 – 12
Contact us for more information
Supply Chain Managers, Category Leaders, Category Buyers, Lead Buyers, Senior Buyers.
Participants have a strategic understanding on how to use category management. They can determine needs and demand. Also, they know how to split spend in categories.
The delegates receive instruments of analysis and know how to use them effectively. They know how to define market risks and can manage them. By the end of the programme they can develop a common strategy for each category.
Laying the foundation:
- Strategic procurement within the “PEA® procurement model”
- Definition and main objectives of Category Management
- How to determine Needs and Demand
- Developing specifications together with internal customers
- Analyse of spend incl. historic data and future needs
- What are the relevant questions to ask in any given category to do a
- How to analyse markets and their risks
- Define quantitative and qualitative objectives for categories
- Definition of a common strategy for any given category