EU Data Protection Compliance – Metanoia Training & Interactive Workshop
- EU Data Protection Compliance
- Who Should Attend?
- Course Objectives:
- Course Contents:
- Course Methodology:
Achieving compliance with the EU 1995 Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC) in all areas of your business is an essential part of running any organisation today. Successful businesses must respond to the challenges of achieving a profitable balance between not only the demands of the specific laws that exist in EU countries, the individual and the business, but also in some cases the requirements of their regulator, professional body or trade association. This workshop provides delegates with the practical knowledge to address these challenges. Today it is impossible to do business without exchanging personal and/or commercially sensitive data..
Duration: Half Day
Participants: 12 – 20
Contact us Here for more information
- Business professionals/Partners
- Business Owners/Managers
- Employees/Staff who need to understand more about compliance with data protection legislation
We go beyond just the ‘eight principles’ to explore the data protection landscape and how you can protect your organisation from risk, managing sensitive data and understanding the fundamentals of an information security management system (ISMS).
- Demystify the European Data Protection landscape – understand the relevance to your business.
- Comply with the emerging EU data protection and privacy regulations.
- Understand the need for the business rationale to comply with the EU Data Protection legislation.
- Assess the risks your organisation faces now and in the future.
- Understand the role and the powers of the Regulator.
- Untangle the jargon and confusion of information security / cybercrime standards.
- Manage the cost implications by applying the essential controls for your business
The course covers:
- The Data Protection Act
- What is personal data?
- The eight data protection principles of the Act.
- The legal and commercial obligations of an organisation.
- Security Standards & EU regulations.
- The implications for the supply chain and outsourcing
- Powers of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Case studies – What happens when it goes wrong
- Information Security Management and Business Continuity Management.
- Information security landscape – Technology, People and Process
- Best Practice – Simple steps to protect your business
Our Winning Interactive Methodology:
We adopt an interactive and conversational approach, which allows delegates to express concerns and ideas related to their own business.
We use relevant case studies, enabling delegates to understand and benefit from insights on how other businesses have tackled Data Protection Compliance.
All the Key Issues are covered including:
- Development of the DPA
- Guidance from the ICO
- Breach Notification
- Risk posed by company personnel
- Process risk
- Impact of Technology – BYOD, cloud computing, mobile devices
- How to protect your organisation from criminal attacks.
Benefits to you and your organisation:
Operating without understanding your obligations under the various Data Protection Laws within Europe can cause serious risk for your business. Examples of those risks include but are not restricted to:
- Legal action
- Disruption to the business
- Reputation damage
- Business closure/liquidation
Organisations with in-depth knowledge on information security laws and cybercrime hygiene will be more proactive and successful in running the business and protecting themselves and their clients from the examples above.
This workshop will help organisations avoid costly penalties, protect their reputation and help differentiate them in the marketplace.